design_header("Scoutmaster Conferences and Boards of Review");
It is the Scout's responsibility to schedule a Scoutmaster Conference and Board of Review when he has completed the requirements for rank advancement.
The steps for a Scoutmaster Conference are as follows:
- 1: Contact an Advancement Committee member to make sure participation, merit badge, and Leadership Position requirements are recorded and have been completed.
- 2: The Scoutmaster of the troop conducts all Life and Eagle conferences. For other ranks, the Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster for the Scouts Patrol will conduct the conference. The Scout should contact the Scoutmaster or Patrol ASM via phone, email or in person to schedule the meeting.
- 3: For the rank of Life and Eagle the scout is required to wear a Class A uniform. For ranks below Life, a scout may wear either a Class A or AB uniform. The Scout must have his Boy Scout Handbook show up on time and be prepared for the Scoutmaster Conference.
The steps for a Board of Review are as follows:
- 1: Complete the Scoutmaster Conference.
- 2: Ask an Advancement Committee member for a Board of Review appointment. They will assign a time and location.
- 3: For the rank of Life and Eagle the scout is required to wear a Class A uniform. For ranks below Life, a scout may wear either a Class A or AB uniform. The scout should bring his Boy Scout Handbook, any documents requested by the BOR coordinator, as well as show up on time and be well prepared for his Board of Review.
Announcements and presentation of completion of rank will be made at the earliest Troop meeting possible (Recognition). Scouts are recognized again at a formal ceremony called the Troop Court of Honor, where the troop recognizes rank advancements and presents merit badges and special awards. Families are encouraged to attend all of the Courts of Honor.